The Uganda Ministry of Health reported 15 additional Ebola disease, caused by Sudan virus, bringing the total confirmed cases in the current outbreak to 90.
The death toll remains at 28.
Minister of Health, Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng Ocero tweeted: Yesterday 23rd Oct 2022, nine (9) individuals were confirmed positive for Ebola in Greater Kampala region bringing the total number of cases to 14 in the last 48 hours. The 9 cases are contacts of the fatal case who came from Kassanda district and passed on in Mulago Hospital.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
7 family members are from Masanafu and 1 health worker who managed him in a private clinic together with his wife from Seguku.
- Florida dengue: Two local cases confirmed in Broward County
- Uganda Ebola outbreak rises to 75 confirmed cases, 5 cases in Kampala
- Cholera cases up 286% in the Philippines through first nine months
- Pet bearded dragons linked to Salmonella outbreaks in the US
- Norway: Smoked salmon suspected as source of listeriosis outbreak
- Sweden investigates Cryptosporidium outbreak
- Monkeypox death reported in Maryland
One thought on “Uganda Ebola: 14 cases reported in Kampala in last 48 hours”