The measles outbreak in Ukraine has topped 30,000 cases early into 2019. According to the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 30,794 people – 13,825 adults and 16,969 children–have been affected through Mar. 14.
In addition, a 9-year-old girl in the Rivne region died from complications of measles making her the 11th measles-related fatality of 2019.
In Lviv, a decrease in cases in recent weeks, some 10 percent a week since February, has for the first time taken the Oblast off the top of the most affected regions.
In Vinnitsa region, for the 11th week, almost twice as little new cases of measles were registered than the last week.
Both areas have seen intensified immunization measures this year.
- Vietnam: Pork tapeworm outbreak affects hundreds of children in Bac Ninh
- Hong Kong investigates measles case
- Philippines vaccination drive: 408K children targeted in W. Visayas
- University of Auckland freshman contracts measles, New Zealand vaccine supplies
- Rift Valley fever update: 101 human cases in Mayotte
- Brucella outbreak in Villa Juárez, Mexico
- MERS cases in 2019: 117 cases in Saudi Arabia and Oman