The Uruguay Ministry of Public Health (MSP) reports the discovery of the first imported case of monkeypox in Montevideo. The confirmation was carried out by the PCR technique and is the only one in the country. The patient, who is stable and in isolation, has a history of travel in recent days.
In line with PAHO/WHO recommendations, the identification and follow-up of all contacts began by the Health Surveillance department team. At the moment no new suspected cases have been identified in relation to this case. Health officials remind the population that, in case of symptoms related to monkeypox, consult your health provider.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
The main routes of infection are close skin-to-skin contact with infected people who have skin lesions.
- Spain reports 2nd monkeypox death, Patients hospitalized with meningoencephalitis
- Brazil chikungunya case count tops 186K year to date
- Mozambique: 3 additional wild polio cases reported
- Canada: Anthrax outbreak reported in Wood Buffalo National Park bison
- San Francisco: Declaration of a local public health emergency for monkeypox announced
- Philippines reports 1st monkeypox case
- Pakistan reports 14th wild polio case, 13th from North Waziristan