The modern lifestyle of those in the developed world and it’s emphasis on hyper-cleanliness, is taking a toll on children’s lifelong health–Kids not being exposed to good microbes, the over-use of antibiotics and the like have resulted in rises in asthma, allergies and a lengthy list of other chronic conditions.
Coauthor of the book, Let Them Eat Dirt –Saving Your Child from an Oversanitized World and the Peter Wall Distinguished Professor at the University of British Columbia, B. Brett Finlay, PhD joined me to talk about several issues from the book.
- The Hygiene Hypothesis and the Use of Hookworms to Prevent Allergic Reactions
- Treating celiac disease with hookworms? Australian researcher continues study
- Parasites 101: Cyclospora
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) and other prion diseases
- Coyote tapeworm in Alberta: 5th human case reported
- Health care options: Direct Care
- Parasites 101: Ascaris lumbricoides
- Talking Hepatitis A with Dr Amesh Adalja
- Lyme disease, Stevia and the quest for better treatments
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test
- Cholera: The disease, the Yemen crisis and the vaccine
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden