The serious viral infection, Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) has made the news lately after a rash of illnesses and deaths in Pakistan and the first locally acquired cases reported in Western Europe in Spain.
To learn more about CCHF, I was joined by infectious disease physician and Forbes contributor, Dr. Judy Stone, for an interview on this topic for the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show.
Dr. Stone recently covered this topic in a Forbes column entitled, “Should You Worry About Tick Borne Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever In Spain?”
Geography, transmission, symptoms and the effects of climate change and environmental destruction were some of the topics discussed.
At the end of the interview, we also talked about an important topic, as Dr Stone likes to call it, the “vilification” of humanitarian workers.
LISTEN to the complete interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Show notes and related topics:
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever spreads across India
- GOP Debate: Chris Christie’s ‘disappointing’ response to Zika quarantine question
- Anne Coulter, Donald Trump, Christian missionaries and Ebola
- Doctors without Borders publish returning staff protocol, Dr. Craig Spencer becomes the 9th Ebola patient treated in US
- Dr. Rand Paul, Kaci Hickox and other Ebola quotes