By NewsDesk @bactiman63
According to a report in the news source, El Comercio (computer translated), some 60 people who participated in a celebration of baptism they were treated in wards emergency hospitals in Ambato , Latacunga and Salcedo with symptoms of poisoning food the night of Sunday 22 and dawn on Monday, 23 August 2021.
In a statement from the Zonal Coordination 3 of the Ministry of Health, it is indicated that the attendees were residents of the sectors of Huachi Grande ( Tungurahua ) and Cusubamba ( Cotopaxi ). The patients presented a picture of food poisoning from eating food contaminated with salmonella.
The document detailed that 35 people were treated at Ambato General Hospital, 4 at Yerovi Mackuart Hospital, 3 at IESS Latacunga Hospital and 8 at Latacunga General Hospital .
Diego Rubio, an epidemiologist at the Hospital Ambato, said the nursing home the activated protocols emergency and attended 35 adults and 13 children of age who had mild symptoms to moderate as pain in the stomach, fever, vomiting and diarrhea.
“The patients were hydrated and given antibiotics for their recovery.” The doctor mentioned that only one girl is kept admitted due to dehydration, while the other people were discharged.
Rubio assured that after the investigations of the doctors it was determined that it was an intoxication caused by the ingestion of poorly prepared foods that were contaminated with salmonella.
- E. Coli outbreak in Jackson County, Oregon
- Texas reports anthrax case in Armstrong County horse
- Philippines report 16K new COVID-19 cases, More wave peaks are expected in the coming weeks
- COVID-19 in the Philippines: An update with Dr. Edsel Salvana
- New Jersey reports first Eastern Equine Encephalitis case in Cumberland County horse
- Modernized tetracycline antibiotic, NUZYRA, added as alternate agent to treat plague
- Ebola case in Côte d’Ivoire ‘declared cured’, 82 contact traced in two countries
- Brazil: Great-grandmother, child die from spotted fever in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais