Sante Publique France reported the following data from enhanced surveillance in mainland France for chikungunya, dengue and Zika in 2022 to date:
From May 1 to August 26, 2022, the following were identified in metropolitan France:
- 123 imported cases of dengue fever; 112 were diagnosed in departments with documented implantation of Aedes albopictus
- 8 imported cases of chikungunya
- 2 imported cases of zika
An autochthonous case of dengue was identified in the Pyrénées-Orientales in Perpignan on 07/21/2022. No other cases have been identified since.
A focus of 5 autochthonous cases of dengue fever is being investigated in the town of Fayence in the Var (83), following the identification of a first case on August 4.
An autochthonous case of dengue fever was identified in early August in the town of Saint Jeannet in the Alpes Maritimes. Identification of autochthonous cases of dengue in the Var and in the Alpes Maritimes – Update | PACA Regional Health Agency (sante.fr) .
An autochthonous case of dengue fever was identified in the Hautes-Pyrénées in Andrest on 08/18/2022.
For each of the cases or outbreaks identified, epidemiological investigations have been carried out or are in progress in order to identify any other cases and precisely define the transmission zone. Health professionals in the sectors concerned have been made aware of the diagnosis and reporting of any other cases of dengue fever. Entomological surveys as well as mosquito control actions have been carried out or are in progress by the mosquito control operator.
From May 1 to November 30 of each year, Sante Publique France coordinates the seasonal enhanced surveillance of chikungunya, dengue fever and Zika in the metropolitan departments, in conjunction with the Regional Health Agencies (ARS) concerned.
- Chikungunya cases reach 400 in the Philippines, Up 500% from 2021
- Legionella confirmed as cause of Tucumán, Argentina pneumonia outbreak
- Argentina: 4th death from pneumonia of unknown origin reported
- Japan: Syphilis cases increases at rapid pace in 2022
- Peru identifies monkeypox virus B.1.6 lineage
- Streptococcus group A outbreak at Montreal Senior citizen center
- Arizona: Three Measles Cases Confirmed in Maricopa County
- Hantavirus pediatric case reported in North Dakota