The State Department of Health of Minas Gerais (SES) reports through March 12, 83,911 probable dengue fever cases, including 25,265 confirmed cases were reported.
There are nine confirmed deaths from dengue in Minas Gerais and 40 deaths under investigation.
Concerning chikungunya and Zika, state officials report 27,514 probable and 7,555 confirmed chikungunya cases. So far, there are no deaths confirmed by Chikungunya in Minas Gerais and four are under investigation.
As for the Zika virus, 116 probable cases have been registered so far. There are five confirmed cases of the disease and there are no deaths from Zika in Minas Gerais, to date.
- Canada: Eight skunks in British Columbia test positive for avian influenza
- New Caledonia reports dozens of leptospirosis cases in first two months of 2023
- Hand, foot and mouth disease in the Philippines: Iloilo and Bacolod City
- Streptococcus pneumoniae: Let’s Talk Micro Podcast
- Paraguay: Destruction of Aedes aegypti mosquito breeding sites in Asunción and Central
- Armenia measles outbreak reaches 50 cases
- Ghana: Vaccines arrive following reports of measles outbreak
- Denmark reports additional cases of multi-resistant bacteria after Dicillin ingestion