It is estimated that as many as 1 in 200 children are affected by PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections), according to the PANDAS Network.
In this Feb. 2016 interview, Executive Director for the PANDAS Network, JC Konecny joined me to talk about PANDAS and PANS, the course of the illness, and the diagnosis and treatment of this pediatric disease.
- The flu pandemic clock is ticking: Are we ready?
- Rotary International and the battle against polio
- Raw water: ‘In defiance of everything science tells us’
- Measles: The ABCs of this very contagious viral disease
- The growing anti-vaccine movement: A discussion with Dr Peter Hotez
- Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever: Increasing spread predicted
- A syphilis primer
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: A personal story
- Lyme disease: New research on Borrelia burgdorferi persistence
- Naegleria fowleri: Study on death estimates, treatment success and the northward expansion of infections
- Outbreaks and the role of health promotion
- Animal research: The benefits, the regulations and the reality