Rabies has been a topic several times on the radio show where I looked at a variety of topics related to this lethal virus.
On the return to the airwaves of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show Sunday, I look at rabies with a different set of topics–some history, some mythology and public health and diagnostics.
Texas State University Program Chair for the Clinical Laboratory Science Program and friend of the show, Rodney Rohde, PhD joined me to discuss these rabies topics.
Rabies articles by Dr Rohde:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Legends of microbiology and infectious diseases: Louis Pasteur
- Rabies: Delaware reports 1st human death in decades
- Malaysia: 12th rabies death reported in Sarawak
- Rabies Vaccine Incident in China: WHO statement
- Rabies exposure in Weld County: Baby raccoon exposes 21
- Thailand reports 9th human rabies fatality
- ‘If you want to prevent humans from dying from rabies in Africa and Asia, you need to eliminate dog rabies’: Swiss researcher
- HyperRAB, rabies immune globulin, receives FDA approval
- Rabies: What should you do if you’re exposed?
- Florida reports 2nd human rabies death in recent months
- Rabies survivor: Milwaukee protocol saves Brazilian teen
- Rabies PEP: KEDRAB™ human rabies immune globulin receives FDA approval
- Everything you wanted to know about rabies
- Rabies: CDC develops new rapid test, Could lead to fewer shots