By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed and verified eight additional cases of COVID-19 infection, all of which are linked to previous cases.
Health officials, after further epidemiological investigations and contact tracing, identified five clusters of local transmission of COVID-19:
1. Cases 8 and 9, as well as Cases 31, 33 and 38, are linked to The Life Church and Missions Singapore (146B Paya Lebar Road). This is a possible cluster involving five cases (Cases 8, 9, 31, 33 and 38).
2. Nine of the confirmed cases (Cases 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 34 and 40) are linked to the cluster associated with Yong Thai Hang (24 Cavan Road).
3. Three of the confirmed cases (Cases 30, 36 and 39) are linked to the private business meeting held at Grand Hyatt Singapore from 20 to 22 January.
4. Four of the confirmed cases (Cases 42, 47, 52 and 56) are linked to the Seletar Aerospace Heights construction site.
5. Seven of the confirmed cases (Cases 48, 49, 51, 53, 54, 57 and 58) are linked to the Grace Assembly of God.
Investigations on these clusters are ongoing.
The total cases in Singapore now stands at 58, the most outside of China.
- COVID-19 case confirmed in San Antonio, Texas, 15th case in US
- Anthrax: 1st case of 2020 reported in Central Tablelands, NSW
- Japan reports 1st coronavirus death in Kanagawa Prefecture
- Malaysia reports 19th COVID-19 case
- Study shows increased hand hygiene at top 10 airports can reduce spread of coronavirus by 37 percent
- UK: 1st coronavirus case in London, China numbers skyrocket with ‘new category’
- 14th case of COVID-19 in the US
- Mumps: LSU outbreak grows to 12 cases
- Ebola outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern