The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated Monday there were 264 new local cases of dengue fever in the country last week (August 1 to August 7, 2023)–Tainan City (229 cases). , Yunlin County (20 cases), Kaohsiung City (6 cases), Chiayi County (5 cases), Pingtung County (2 cases), Taichung City (1 case) and Miaoli County (1 case).
Miaoli County and Chiayi County reported the first local dengue fever cases this year.
This year as of August 7, a total of 1,109 local cases have been reported, including 920 in Tainan City, 135 in Yunlin County, 38 in Kaohsiung City, 5 in Chiayi County, 4 in Taichung City, 4 in Pingtung County, and Nantou County. There were 2 cases in Miaoli County and 1 case in Miaoli County.
The age of the cases ranged from under 10 to over 90 years old, and 41% (459 cases) were over 60 years old. At present, there are 9 severe cases, aged between 60s and 80s, including 7 cases in Yunlin County and 2 cases in Tainan City, of which 3 cases were hospitalized, including one death.
At present, the first and second types (DENV-1 and DENV-20 of dengue virus have appeared in the community.
- Mongolia: Plague case reported in Ulaanbaatar
- Nigeria reports 579 confirmed diphtheria cases in July
- Florida local transmission of dengue cases now 10, New cases reported in Broward and Miami-Dade counties
- California: Legionnaires’ disease deaths investigated in Contra Costa County
- Ebola vaccine, ERVEBO, now approved for use in children 12 months of age and older
- Kuru: A fascinating history of a devastating disease linked to cannibalism
- Anthrax in North Dakota: Four cases reported in Grant County
- Leptospirosis cases up in the Ilocos Region, Philippines
- Florida reports 9th Eastern Equine Encephalitis in a horse this year
- Dengue deaths top 300 in record setting year in Bangladesh