By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
For the third consecutive day, Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that no additional cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) were confirmed.
To date, Taiwan has reported 429 confirmed COVID-19 cases–of this, 343 are imported and 55 are indigenous while 31 are Navy members aboard the Panshi fast combat support ship. Of the confirmed cases, there have been 6 deaths, and 307 patients have been released from isolation, with the remainder remaining hospitalized in isolation.
Globally, the command center said that a total of 3,072,806 cases were diagnosed worldwide, distributed in 184 countries / regions; the number of cases was 1,000,612 in the United States, 228,460 in Spain, 199,414 in Italy, 196,069 in France and 157,149 in the United Kingdom; 210,351 of the cases died, There were 56,632 cases in the United States, 26,977 cases in Italy, 23,521 cases in Spain, 23,293 cases in France and 21,092 cases in the United Kingdom.
- Nigeria Lassa fever: NCDC declares end of emergency phase of outbreak
- COVID-19 antibody testing: Quest Diagnostics launches consumer-initiated testing
- Sanofi’s MenQuadfi Meningococcal vaccine receives FDA approval
- Russia COVID-19: Cases top 93K, Half in Moscow; Coronavirus guidelines updated
- Zimbabwe reports surge of malaria cases
- Mexico measles outbreak: More details