By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Officials in Sri Lanka say they have the first confirmed case of novel coronavirus in a Chinese tourist.
According to a Reuters report, “A Chinese lady, who is in her 40s, arrived on the 19th as a tourist and fell ill on the 25th and was confirmed as having the coronavirus following a test on Monday,” said Sudath Samaraweera, the chief epidemiologist with Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Health.
- Japan coronavirus count now 6, 1st case not linked to China travel
- Thailand novel coronavirus count now 14, No cases in the Philippines to date
- Gates Foundation commits $10 million to contain the global spread of 2019-nCoV
- Germany reports 1st novel coronavirus case in Bavaria
- Uganda reports yellow fever outbreak
- Malaria: Burundi reports an 88 percent increase in cases in 2019
- 2nd confirmed 2019-NoCv case in Toronto
- Novel coronavirus medical countermeasures: FDA announces key actions to advance development
- Malaysia novel coronavirus update
- China novel coronavirus: National Health Commission press conference transcript