New York City health officials reported an additional 33 confirmed measles in the past week, bringing the outbreak total to 214 since October 2018.
The new cases were reported in Williamsburg (31), Midwood/Marine Park (1) and Borough Park (1).
Most of these cases have involved members of the Orthodox Jewish community.
From January 1 to March 21, 2019, 314 individual cases of measles have been confirmed in 15 states.
The states that have reported cases to CDC are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- Philippines measles update: Nearly 600 cases in 2 days
- Ohio hepatitis A outbreak tops 2,000 cases
- Measles in Oakland County, Michigan: Outbreak now at 18 cases
- Ukraine measles death toll now 14
- New York City: Three cases of hepatitis A investigated
- Chili’s and Maggiano’s Commit to Reducing Antibiotics in Chicken