By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The National Dengue Surveillance System (NDSS) recorded 514 cases with 86 percent of them reported in Ratanakiri, Mondulkiri, Battambang and Kratie provinces.
Of the 514 cases, 64.52 percent or 331 of the victims are adults, 26.71 percent or 137 are children and 8.77 percent are children below the age of five years old.
Among the adults, 260 of them are women while the rest are men. No deaths were reported due to quick intervention and treatment.
Health Minister Mam Bun Heng has also advised all Cambodians to help the government in its fight against all diseases spread by mosquitoes through the implementation of four important measures, namely to dispose all garbage and containers properly into trash bins; keep the insides and outsides of houses clean at all times; wear appropriate clothing to prevent mosquito bites, especially in the early hours of the morning and at night and lastly if having symptoms of the disease, seek immediately medical help.
- Iran investigates suspected anthrax outbreak in Ilam
- Madagascar reports more than one hundred total Rift Valley Fever cases
- 96 percent of US physicians are fully vaccinated against COVID-19: Survey
- Florida reports 4th Eastern Equine Encephalitis case in a horse in Leon County
- RSV activity up in the US south
- Freshpet dog food sold at Publix recalled over Salmonella risk
- Typhoid outbreak kills 17 in Kwango, DRC
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Chengdu, Sichuan Province