By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The China National Health Commission has reported (computer translated) 1982 new confirmed cases from 31 provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, which include 157 severe cases and 43 new deaths (42 cases in Hubei Province, Heilongjiang Province).
As of January 30, the National Health and Health Commission has received a total of 9,692 confirmed cases (31 cases in Sichuan Province were subtracted from the cumulative confirmed cases) in 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps. A total of 213 deaths have also been reported.
Today, the Emergency Committee convened by the WHO Director-General under the International Health Regulations (IHR) (2005) regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus 2019 in the People’s Republic of China took place.
The Committee agreed that the outbreak now meets the criteria for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
- Nipah virus: Bangladesh IEDCR reports 6 cases, 4 deaths
- Singapore 2019-nCoV case count rises to 13
- Malaysia reports 8th 2019 novel coronavirus case
- Argentina measles outbreak: 114 confirmed cases since early 2019
- UK: Meningococcal disease B vaccination in infants proves successful
- Florida: First case of rabies in Polk County for 2020 reported
- Illinois reports 1st person-to-person novel coronavirus spread in US
- Drs. Fauci, Redfield on the President’s Coronavirus Task Force