By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in Hong Kong report closely monitoring a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan, Hubei Province.
According to an announcement from the Health Commission of Hubei Province, a number of pneumonia cases related to a local seafood market was recently reported in Wuhan. The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission has commenced investigation and so far identified 27 cases. Among them, seven cases were serious and the remaining were stable. Symptoms were mainly fever while a few had presented with shortness of breath. All patients are isolated and receiving treatment. Contact tracing of close contacts and medical surveillance are ongoing.
The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission announced that assessment by relevant experts revealed that the cases were compatible with viral pneumonia. For the time being, no obvious human-to-human transmission has been observed and no healthcare workers have been infected. The causative pathogen and cause of infection are still under investigation.
- MERS in Qatar: 3 cases confirmed in Doha
- Fiji reports additional measles case, Vaccine campaign temporarily suspended
- Tonga measles outbreak nears 600 cases
- Polio vaccination campaign in Sabah, Malaysia
- Montana: Gonorrhea cases highest in 40 years
- 3 Mosquito-borne diseases up in Rio de Janeiro
Outbreak News Merchandise