By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in South Korea reported a whopping 284 additional COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the country total to 1,261.
Two additional fatalities were reported putting that total to 12.
United States Forces Korea (USFK) reported the first time a U.S. service member has tested positive for the virus.
The case is a 23-year old male stationed at Camp Carroll. He is currently in self quarantine at his off-base residence. He visited Camp Walker on 24 Feb. and Camp Carroll 21-25 Feb. KCDC and USFK health professionals are actively conducting contact tracing to determine whether any others may have been exposed.
- Texas: El Paso records significant increase in syphilis, other STDs
- Brazil: Health officials investigate possible case of coronavirus in São Paulo
- San Francisco declares a local emergency to proactively prepare for possible COVID-19
- Taiwan reports 1st Zika case of the year in traveler to Thailand
- Visceral leishmaniasis: Novartis and DNDi to jointly develop a new oral drug
- COVID-19 cases surge in Italy, deaths double
- Remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19: Clinical trials begins at the University of Nebraska