Cuba’s Ministerio de Salud Pública reported Saturday a confirmed monkeypox case in a 26-year-old male citizen from Cienfuegos province.
On September 30, symptoms began with skin lesions suggestive of the disease, so a sample of them was taken and confirmed by the National Reference Laboratory of the Pedro Kouri Institute (IPK) yesterday.
This patient is in strict isolation for being a direct contact, so no new contacts are declared. He is progressing favorably and without complications.
The rest of the isolated contacts for the third case remain asymptomatic on the eighth day of surveillance.
- Nigeria monkeypox cases top 300 in 2022
- Rodents can serve as reservoirs for emerging fungal pathogens: Study suggests
- Rat Hepatitis E case reported in Hong Kong
- Ebola: Uganda reports 3 additional confirmed cases
- Ukraine: Kharkiv reports second botulism case since July
- Mauritania human Rift Valley fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever update
- Doctor dies from Ebola in Uganda, Survivors need to refrain from sex
- Pakistan: Dengue cases near 10K in Sindh province, Most recorded in September