By: Candess Zona-Mendola, MakeFoodSafe
The CDC announced that the Cyclospora outbreak linked to Bagged Salads has expanded to 614 cases in 11 states. The case counts include: Georgia (1), Illinois (198), Iowa (195), Kansas (5), Minnesota (73), Missouri (57) Nebraska (55), North Dakota (6), Pennsylvania (2), South Dakota (13) and Wisconsin (36).
According to an FDA announcement, Fresh Express brand and private label brand salad products were recalled on June 27, 2020. The affected products were produced at its Streamwood, IL facility that contain iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, and/or carrots due to possible Cyclospora contamination. A full list of the recalled products can be found here.
- DRC monkeypox cases top 2500
- Heartland virus found in Lone Star ticks in Illinois
- Singapore reports one week dengue record, more deaths
- Philippines report 2200 more COVID-19 cases, Pandemic affecting reporting of TB
- Plague update in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Cambodia reports dozens of chikungunya cases in Banteay Meanchey
- FDA Issues EUA for OraRisk COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
- Rise in rabies cases in the Central Highland region of Vietnam
- Si Casa Flores Oregon Outbreak Grows, Produce a Potential Source?