According to a letter to ProMED mail Friday, 16 suspect bubonic plague cases, including 2 deaths (CFR = 12.5%) were reported from March 27 to 31 in Rethy Health Zone (RHZ), Ituri Province in northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The two deaths were in a 30 year-old woman and a 5-year-old boy.
Read the letter for more details
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza detected in Massachusetts, Wyoming, North Carolina, Ohio and North Dakota
- Clemson SC: Thirteen people potentially exposed to rabies from rabid calf
- Arkansas reports increase in syphilis; Testing, prevention, and treatment encouraged
- H5N1 avian influenza reported in Ontario, Canada poultry flocks
- Kenya: Yellow fever and chikungunya outbreaks
- Timor-Leste dengue outbreak: 3700 cases, 44 deaths through 1st three months
- DRC: 11,735 cases of tuberculosis detected in Kasai in 2021
- Paraná: Toledo reports huge increase in dengue in recent weeks
- Philippines: Rabies deaths up 157% in Northern Mindanao, Most in Bukidnon
- Measles outbreak declared in South Sudan
- MERS coronavirus case confirmed in Qatar