According to the latest data from the Florida Department of Health through June 24, 25 monkeypox cases have been reported from eight counties.
Broward County has reported the most cases with 13, followed by Miami-Dade (4), Orange (3) and Collier, Palm Beach, Polk, Seminole and the latest reported on Thursday in Pinellas County with one each.
As of Friday, the CDC has reported 201 total confirmed monkeypox/orthopoxvirus cases.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
- Colombia reports 3 monkeypox cases in Bogotá and Medellin
- Taiwan reports imported monkeypox case
- Anthrax case reported in Uvs province, Mongolia
- Monkeypox testing expanded to commercial labs
- South Africa reports monkeypox case in resident of Gauteng province
- New York City reports 30 orthopoxvirus cases, all likely monkeypox
- CDC is recommending men who have sex with men get a meningococcal vaccine if they live in or are traveling to Florida
- London: Poliovirus detected in sewage
- Philippines dengue fever tally nears 40,000
- France: Monkeypox tally now 277 cases, 70% of cases in Ile-de-France