In the Occitania region:
- In the Pyrénées Orientales, in Perpignan, an indigenous case of dengue whose symptoms had started in mid-June. No other cases have since been identified and this episode is closed.
- In the Hautes Pyrénées, an outbreak of 4 cases in the municipalities of Andrest (3 cases) and Rabastens (1 case), the symptoms of which began between mid-July and the end of August.
- In Haute-Garonne at Salvetat Saint Gilles , an outbreak of 4 cases of dengue occurred in the same household, the symptoms of which began in the last fortnight of August.
In the Paca region :
- In the Var, in Fayence, an outbreak of 6 cases of dengue whose symptoms began between the end of June and the end of July. This episode is closed.
- In the Alpes Maritimes , an outbreak of 21 cases identified on September 13 in the neighboring municipalities of Saint Jeannet (14 cases), Gattières (6 cases) and Gaude (1 case). Symptoms started between early August and early September. This outbreak is ongoing and other cases will likely be identified.
- Polio strikes another child in Pakistan, First from South Waziristan
- Vietnam: The number of cases of dengue fever and hand, foot and mouth disease in Ho Chi Minh City decreased
- Brazil: Four Rocky Mountain spotted fever deaths reported in Campinas
- Spain: Human anthrax case reported in Extremadura
- Wisconsin reports influenza A(H1N2) variant infection, 7 ‘swine flu’ cases reported in the US this year
- Ghana’s Marburg outbreak declared over
- Singapore meets WHO criteria for rubella elimination