Since the first confirmed cholera cases in Haiti were reported on October 2, after a more than 3 year hiatus, the total keeps creeping higher now at 111 confirmed cases (not including the 12 confirmed cases at the Prison Civile de Port-au-Prince outbreak) through October 17.
The total suspected cases have risen to 996 (Total suspected cases-725 and 271 from the prison outbreak) and deaths are now 37 (23 and 14 respectively).
- Canada: Shigella outbreak reported in Edmonton
- Vietnam reports 1st human case of influenza A(H5) since 2014
- Nevada: Clark County resident dies from Naegleria fowleri, May be linked to Lake Mead
- Minnesota reports additional measles cases
- Vermont reports Legionnaires’ Disease cases in St. Albans area
- Panama: Increase in dengue cases persists in San Miguelito
- Thailand: Chikungunya cases in 2022 top last years total
- Russia: 10 brucellosis cases reported in the Volgograd region
- Nebraska: Omaha Zoo closes aviary due to bird flu
- Pakistan: 6th Naegleria fowleri case reported in Karachi in 2022
- Florida: Lee County reports 29 Vibrio cases, 4 deaths due to the impacts of Hurricane Ian