Currently, the weather in Hanoi has turned to the cold season with the temperature not favorable for the development of mosquitoes that transmit the disease.
The number of dengue cases continued to decrease compared to the previous week but remained high. Last week, Hanoi recorded 1,165 cases of dengue fever, 2 deaths.
Since the beginning of the year, Hanoi has reported 18,788 cases, 25 deaths; the number of cases increased by 5.6 times compared to the same period in 2021 (3,352 cases, 0 deaths).
Currently, there are 82 active outbreaks, in 18 districts, in which some active outbreaks have many patients: Bung village – Phung Xa – Thach That (324), Vinh Loc 1 village – Phung Xa – Thach That (79), Thao Noi – Son Ha – Phu Xuyen (43), Thanh Than – Thanh Cao – Thanh Oai.
In order to prevent dengue fever, the Health sector continues to strengthen the monitoring of indicators of larva and mosquitoes that transmit dengue in areas where cases appear, outbreaks, and high-risk areas, thereby developing deploy appropriate and timely response activities.
- Cucumber from Spain is suspected source of Salmonella Agona outbreak in Norway, Sweden
- Ebola in Uganda: 23 days since confirmation of last case, Lockdown lifted in Mubende and Kassanda
- Norovirus outbreak linked to raw oysters from Texas sickens more than 200 from 8 states
- Measles cases rise to 169 in South Africa outbreak
- Horse botulism outbreak update; FDA issues warning about Alfalfa Cubes
- India reports more than 10,000 confirmed measles cases through December 12
- Mexico: Malaria outbreak reported in Oaxaca