The Winnebago County Health Department has identified three confirmed cases of Shiga toxin‐
producing E. Coli (STEC), a foodborne illness, in Winnebago County. The three confirmed cases experienced diarrhea beginning May 31. The exact cause of the illness has not yet been determined.
Contact your healthcare provider if you have experienced any of these E.Coli symptoms on or after May 21.
Some steps you can take to help prevent E. Coli include:
Practicing good handwashing
Following the four steps to food safety when preparing food: clean, separate, cook, and chill
Washing fruits and vegetables well under running water
Cooking meats thoroughly and washing hands, counters, cutting boards, and utensils after they touch raw meat
Avoiding raw milk and unpasteurized dairy products or juices
- Ebola crosses the border to Uganda
- June is Vitiligo Awareness Month
- Kroger: Private Selection Frozen Berries recalled due to possible Hepatitis A contamination
- Dengue virus failed to evolve resistance to Wolbachia: Study
- West Nile virus comes early to Wyoming
- Philippines Health Secretary: May see some 240K dengue cases this year
- Ukraine: More than 110,000 cases and 39 deaths since mid-2017