Six more deaths due to dengue have been reported in the national capital, taking the total number of fatalities due to the vector-borne disease reported in Delhi this year to 15, according to a municipal report released on Monday.
Read more at Business Standard
Omicron in India
Two cases of Covid-19 Omicron variant was reported in Mumbai on Monday, taking India’s total tally of the new coronavirus variant to 23.
The first two cases were reported in Karnataka, followed by one in Jamnagar (Gujarat) and another in Maharashtra. Later on Sunday, seven cases were reported in Maharashtra’s Pune district, of which six belonged to the same family. In Jaipur, nine cases of the Omicron variant were confirmed — all of whom had attended the same wedding. In Delhi, a man in his 30s was found to be infected with the new variant and admitted to the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital.
Read more at Indian Express
Mucormycosis in India
A total of 51,775 cases of mucormycosis have been reported till 29 Nov 2021, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya informed the Lok Sabha on Friday. On the steps taken by the government to tackle such cases, Mandaviya in written reply to a question said health is a state subject and the Union Ministry of Health has proactively supported states to tackle the challenge posed by cases of mucormycosis during the 2nd surge of COVID-19.
- England Omicron cases top 100, More cases in Scotland
- Brazil reports 5 Omicron cases in São Paulo and the Federal District
- Costa Rica reports malaria outbreak in the North, 138 confirmed cases in past month
- Georgia resident tests positive for Omicron variant in New Jersey
- Louisiana reports 1st Omicron case in resident of the Greater New Orleans area
- Chikungunya virus infection may develop partial immunity to Mayaro virus: University of São Paulo researchers
- Shigella case numbers declining in recent weeks