Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Sept 15 through Sept 21:
Making a reappearance into the top five posts in two weeks is the report on a cluster of severe respiratory infections linked to adenovirus in Michigan’s central Upper Peninsula (UP).
Reports of two new wild poliovirus 1 cases in Pakistan and Afghanistan made the list at number 4. This brought the global total to 17 for 2018.
A report last Saturday on animal and human anthrax outbreaks in Uganda and Turkey came in at the number 3 post of the week.
A dengue fever warning in Bangkok earlier this week was the second most popular post this week. Some 6,000 people have been affected this year to date, including five deaths.
The top post of the week was on the large West Nile virus case tallies in both North and South Dakota earlier this month.
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Sept. 8-14
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Sept. 1-7
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Aug. 25-31
- Michigan reports 1st human Eastern equine encephalitis case since 2016
- Illinois reports 1st Heartland virus disease case
- Philadelphia reports 11 human West Nile virus cases since August
- Plague reported in eight Madagascar districts
- Sioux Falls: Legionnaires’ disease cases investigated, CDC help requested