In a follow-up on the measles outbreak in Madagascar, the World Health Organization reports a total of 33,969 cases from the start of the outbreak on Oct. 4, 2018 through Jan. 25, 2019. Of this total, 139 measles-related fatalities have been reported.
569 were laboratory-confirmed (IgM positive) and 33,400 were epidemiologically linked.
A total of 85/114 districts in all the 22 regions of Madagascar are in epidemic phase, WHO reports.
- Treating patients with Ebola: MUSC develops online training program to help keep health care workers safe
- H9N2 avian influenza case reported in China, 7th case of 2018
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Canada salmonella outbreak, Nigeria Lassa fever, Anthrax vaccine hoax
- Taiwan reports two additional measles cases
- Pertussis outbreak in Ngäbe Buglé, Panama
- Universal influenza vaccine: Oxford and Blue Water Vaccines enter agreement
- NSW Health reports 12th measles case
- Rubella risk prompts health alert in Detroit
- Measles in Atlanta: Three cases, all unvaccinated
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Jan. 26- Feb. 1
- New York: Monroe County measles outbreak at 7 cases