The Epidemiological Surveillance of the Ministry of Health in Mexico reported today 2,654 confirmed monkeypox cases since the first case was reported on May 28.
No deaths have been reported.
The Institute of Epidemiological Diagnosis and Reference (InDRE) reported that the positive cases are distributed in 32 states: Mexico City, 1,601 infections; Jalisco, 301; State of Mexico, 272; Yucatan, 93; Quintana Roo, 58; Tabasco, 39; New Leon, 30; Chiapas, 28; Puebla, 25; Veracruz, 20; Lower California, 19; Queretaro, 17; Morelos, 16; Guanajuato, 16; and Sinaloa, 13.
Also, Chihuahua, 13; Hidalgo, 12; Coahuila, 11; Nayarit, nine; Tamaulipas, nine; Oaxaca, eight; Aguascalientes, seven; Campeche, seven; Michoacan, six; Tlaxcala, five; Colima, four; Warrior, four; Sound, four; Zacatecas, three; San Luis Potosí, two; Baja California Sur, one and Durango, one.
Of the total confirmed cases, 98 percent were reported in men and two percent in women; 46.7 percent of people are between 30 and 39 years old, that is, 1,239 of the 2,654 confirmed. Likewise, of those under 20 years of age, 13 are 19 years old; four, 18 years; three are 17; two are 16; three are 15 years old; two are 14; one is 13; two are 12; one is 11; two are nine years old; one has four; and one is three years old.
As of October 21, 75,441 confirmed cases were reported worldwide in 109 countries, territories and areas in the six regions of the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as 32 deaths.
- Measles cases up 200% this year in the Philippines
- Bangladesh dengue cases near 33K year to date
- COVID-19 infection linked to heightened risk of poor cardiovascular health and death: UK study
- Vietnam: Hanoi man dies from rabies after slaughtering dogs
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever case reported in Kaberamaido District, Uganda
- Lebanon cholera numbers continue rise, Al-Abyad tours the north
- Dominican Republic reports first case of confirmed cholera
- Uganda Ebola: 14 cases reported in Kampala in last 48 hours
- Florida dengue: Two local cases confirmed in Broward County