Health officials in Madrid, Spain are reporting a mumps outbreak at the Higher Technical School of Engineering (ICAI) of the Pontifical University of Comillas , according to a Que report (computer translated).
Director General of Public Health in Madrid, Juan Martínez said they recommend the people of Madrid check if their vaccinations are up-to-date.
In the case of this university center, where several second-year engineering students have been affected, the notification of the outbreak arrived on March 19 and 33 cases of mumps have already been identified, a virus that, although of a mild nature, is highly contagious.
- Auckland measles tally now at 10
- Australia: Congenital syphilis has re-emerged in Victoria
- Avocado recall prompted by Listeria risk
- Salmonella alert issued over Darwin’s Natural Pet Products raw dog food
- Organ donation: A look at some bioethical issues with Sigrid Fry-Revere, JD, PhD
- Vietnam: African Swine Fever has spread to 21 provinces
- Brooklyn measles outbreak tops 200
- The cost of not getting vaccinated: The numbers can really add up!