Here is another oldie but goodie interview. Medical epidemiologist and infectious disease physician with the Waterborne Disease Prevention Branch in the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Jennifer Cope, MD, MPH, joined me for an interview about the “brain-eating amoeba”, Naegleria fowleri during the summer of 2013.
- Kansas reports Naegleria fowleri death in Johnson County resident
- Naegleria fowleri and amoeba awareness: Personal stories and the great work from ‘Kyle Cares’ and ‘Swim Above Water’
- Naegleria fowleri survivor, Kali Hardig, walks, swings bat and throws basketball
- Neti pots, Naegleria and you
- Profounda receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for miltefosine for treating Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM)
- Florida boy, Zachary Reyna loses battle with deadly amoeba, condolences and prayers pour in
- Arkansas girl, Kali Hardig making great progress in her recovery, What is this experimental anti-amoeba drug?
- Miltefosine and the 4th Naegleria fowleri survivor: Talking with Profounda CEO, Todd MacLaughlan
- Naegleria fowleri: New York woman dies after contracting amoeba in Maryland