By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials are reporting the first confirmed novel coronavirus case in Macao (computer translated).
According to the release, a female passenger from Wuhan came to Macao via Gongbei Port on the 19th of this month, and went to the Earl General Hospital for medical treatment on the 21st. She was diagnosed with a new coronavirus infection. The patient is currently in stable condition and is undergoing isolation treatment.
This is the 9th 2019-NoCv case reported outside China–Thailand (4) and one each in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and the United States.
According to the Taiwan CDC (computer translated), 440 cases have been confirmed in mainland China, of which 9 have died, including 258 in Wuhan, 12 in Huanggang, 17 in Guangdong, and 6 in Shanghai. There were 10 cases in Beijing, 5 cases in Zhejiang Province, 5 cases in Chongqing City, 2 cases each in Tianjin, Sichuan Province, and Jiangxi Province, and 1 case each in Henan Province, Yunnan Province, Shandong Province, and Hunan Province. The remaining cases have not been announced in the provinces.
- Thailand reports 1st Thai patient with coronavirus, country total now 4
- Novel coronavirus reported in traveler in Washington State, Health screening to begin in Atlanta, Chicago
- China coronavirus: More cases confirmed in Guangdong province
- Shanghai novel coronavirus tally up to 6
- Brazilian hemorrhagic fever case reported in São Paulo state
- Novel coronavirus case confirmed in Taiwan
- Wuhan health officials: More than 250 novel coronavirus cases, 6 deaths