By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Pakistan reported two additional cases of wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) in Sindh province this past week.
In addition to the new WPV1 cases, a number of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) cases were reported in Africa: Angola (2), Cameroon (1), Chad (5) and Ethiopia (3).
The COVID-19 emergency means that many aspects of the polio eradication program will be affected. In light of the situation, the Polio Oversight Board (POB) has come up with a set of recommendations.
- Italy COVID-19 death toll tops 10,000, Letter to President of the European Council
- Toronto reports 118 new COVID-19 cases as total reaches 457, Quebec is hardest hit province
- Los Angeles: New COVID-19 cases continues to steadily increase
- Spain COVID-19 outbreak update: Increased cases and deaths; Foreign Affairs manages the return of more than 4,000 Spaniards traveling through Latin America
- Belize reports first COVID-19 cases
- Medical University of South Carolina team releases plans for 3D-printed masks
- COVID-19: 55% of people disapprove of news media handling the response in US