In a follow-up on the measles outbreak in the Philippines, government officials have reported an additional 596 cases since the last update. Through Mar. 21, 23,563 measles cases have been reported, including 338 fatalities.
CALABARZON (4838), NCR, or Metro Manila (4568) and Central Luzon (3761) regions have been most affected. To date, measles outbreaks have been declared in six Philippine regions.
- Ohio hepatitis A outbreak tops 2,000 cases
- Measles in Oakland County, Michigan: Outbreak now at 18 cases
- Ukraine measles death toll now 14
- New York City: Three cases of hepatitis A investigated
- Chili’s and Maggiano’s Commit to Reducing Antibiotics in Chicken
- Africa: Plague in DRC, Measles in Madagascar
- Rabies: El Paso County, CO dog tests positive, 1st case since 1974
- Nigeria reports 23 new Lassa cases in past week
- Japan syphilis cases top 1000, Vaccine-preventable diseases rise
- Ebola: 2nd largest outbreak tops 1000 casesPhilippines: Dengue in Calabarzon, Chickenpox in Iloilo
- Oregon: Two additional measles cases in Multnomah and Clackamas County residents
- Measles case reported in San Antonio, 1st case in Bexar County in 12 years
- CDC: ‘US residents should avoid nonessential travel to Beira City, Mozambique’