Rodney Rohde, PhD, Professor and Program Chair for the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at Texas State University in San Marcos joined me on the Christmas airing of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show to discuss the profession, educational paths, shortages and other current issues and some thoughts on the future of medical laboratory science.
We also looked into certification and occupational licensure, the issue with the CMS wanting to allow people with nursing degrees to do laboratory work and other important topics.
LISTEN to the podcast below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Free market health care: Interviews with Drs. Umbehr and Smith