Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Global Health at the University of Washington and recognized expert in Tropical medicine, Christopher Sanford, MD joined me on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show to discuss a number of travel health related issues to include vaccines, malaria, yellow fever, traveler’s diarrhea and others during the first segment.
During the second segment, I discuss some of the recommended vaccines like hepatitis A, typhoid and others. In addition, I looked at special health issues for popular travel destinations for Americans like the Caribbean, Machu Picchu, Nile River cruises and the Hajj pilgrimage.
Listen to the podcast below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Listen to other podcasts:
- Podcast: Dr Rodney Rohde discusses Medical Laboratory Science for the hour
- Mumps: An interview with Dr Dirk Haselow
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Zika virus: A virologist’s viewpoint
- Blood Clots: An interview with Dr. Jack Ansell