By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) reported today the confirmation of a imported case of novel coronavirus infection in the city-state.
The individual is a 66 year-old male Chinese national from Wuhan who arrived in Singapore with his family Monday.
He is currently warded in an isolation room at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and his condition is stable.
MOH has also been notified of a suspect case, whose preliminary test for the novel coronavirus is positive. She is a 53 year old female Chinese national from Wuhan. MOH was notified of this suspect case on 23 January. The result of the confirmatory test is pending, and her condition is stable.
Today, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) raised the travel notice once again this week. It is now “Warning – Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel”.
Officials recommend that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Wuhan, China.
- Novel coronavirus update: 2nd case in Macao, Emergency Committee undecided
- North Carolina: Mumps case confirmed at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Florida reports 40 additional hepatitis A cases in past week
- Novel coronavirus: Enhanced monitoring will be in place from all direct flights from Wuhan to Heathrow, London
- Hong Kong officials investigate ‘ highly suspected’ imported novel coronavirus