Officials with the Nacionalni inštitut za javno zdravje – NIJZ, or National Institute of Public Health in Slovenia have reported two confirmed monkeypox cases last week, both patients had traveled from Spain (At least one case specified the Canary Islands).
An epidemiological inquiry is ongoing. Close contacts have been informed and provided instructions.
- South Africa reports three new human rabies cases, puts total at 7
- Iraq: Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Al-Anbar, 111 cases reported nationally
- Spain health officials report 120 confirmed monkeypox cases
- Philippines: 200 new cases of tuberculosis detected in South Cotabato
- Philippines reports recent increases in dengue
- Two cases of monkeypox in Denmark, SSI risk assessment
- Portugal now reports 100 confirmed monkeypox cases
- Hand, foot and mouth disease outbreak in Malaysia: More than 65,000 cases reported
- Nigeria monkeypox: 21 cases confirmed in 2022, one death; No new or unusual transmission noted