The Ministry of Health reported 120 confirmed cases of monkeypox on Monday, 22 more in the last update last Friday, after analyzes carried out at the National Microbiology Center of the Carlos III Health Institute.
Until today, the Carlos III Health Institute has received samples belonging to 245 suspected cases of ‘monkeypox’ or monkey pox, 45 more than last Friday.
This research center has confirmed 120 positive cases of orthopoxvirus, so they are considered confirmed cases of ‘monkeypox’.
Another 125 cases have tested negative for smallpox and other orthopoxviruses, so they are ruled out as cases.
- Philippines: 200 new cases of tuberculosis detected in South Cotabato
- Philippines reports recent increases in dengue
- Two cases of monkeypox in Denmark, SSI risk assessment
- Portugal now reports 100 confirmed monkeypox cases
- Hand, foot and mouth disease outbreak in Malaysia: More than 65,000 cases reported
- Nigeria monkeypox: 21 cases confirmed in 2022, one death; No new or unusual transmission noted
- Hawaii: Fifth case of Legionnaires’ disease linked to Waikiki hotel