The Taiwan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Tuesday that the second confirmed case of monkeypox imported from abroad was found through quarantine at the international airport, a male in his 30s in northern Taiwan.
On a business trip to the United States in July, his experienced left testicular swelling, fever, and swollen groin lymph nodes began to appear on July 3. On July 5, he went to the doctor to take antibiotics, but the symptoms did not improve, and symptoms such as skin rash and diarrhea appeared. When he returned to Taiwan on July 10, he reported that he was suspected of suffering from monkeypox. He was evacuated by the airport quarantine personnel for medical treatment. After being evaluated by a doctor, he was notified of the test. He was confirmed positive today and is currently being isolated and treated in the hospital.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that the spread of monkeypox is limited, and most of them have close contact with positive cases or unsafe sex, or are related to medical staff caring for the confirmed cases; due to the gradual expansion of the international monkeypox epidemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will continue to strengthen international ports. Quarantine measures and public risk communication and health education propaganda, and actively negotiated with international pharmaceutical companies to purchase third-generation smallpox vaccines and antiviral drugs.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pointed out that since the outbreak of monkeypox in the United Kingdom in mid-May, a total of 64 countries around the world have reported at least 9,664 confirmed cases, of which Europe (7,838) and the Americas (1,551) have the largest number of cases and the top five cumulative cases. Named 2,034 cases in Spain, 1,556 cases in Germany, 1,552 cases in the United Kingdom, 866 cases in the United States and 721 cases in France, Asia currently reports 1 imported case from South Korea, and Singapore has reported 3 imported cases and 1 local case.
- Parechovirus (PeV) is currently circulating in the United States: CDC
- Florida health officials say monkeypox case total over 100
- New Mexico reports 1st probable case of monkeypox
- ABQ BioPark Zoo reports the death of a chimpanzee due to Shigella
- New Zealand reports 2nd monkeypox case, No evidence of any community transmission
- Nipah virus vaccine: Moderna says first participant has been dosed in a Phase 1 trial
- Alaska rabies: ‘This is the first time a bat on Douglas Island or in the Juneau area has tested positive’
- Brazil: 122K chikungunya cases reported through June