With an additional 2,279 people infected with measles during the week ending April 13, the outbreak in Ukraine now stands at 39,549 including 14 fatalities, according to the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Fifty-four percent of cases have been reported in children.
During the most recent week, cases were reported in Kyiv (309 patients: 199 adults and 110 children), Kharkiv (239: 165 adults and 74 children), Khmelnytsky (186 : 93 adults and 93 children) and Lviv (157: 41 adults and 116 children) areas.
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine together with the local authorities continues special measures to stop the outbreak of measles in the country. During the first quarter, a special operation to raise the level of vaccination continued in the Lviv region. As a result, 90% of children in the region have protection from measles, Lviv region has ceased to be a leader among the regions with the highest rates of measles. In the near future such a special operation will begin in Khmelnytsky region , where the number of new diseases increases every week.
- Maryland: 4th measles case reported in Baltimore, Pikesville area
- Measles in California update, Pertussis death in Orange County infant
- Indiana University mumps cases rise to 17
- San Francisco reports big syphilis increases in women
- Global measles up 300 percent in 2019
- Measles: Without renewed focus on vaccination efforts, the disease may rebound in full force
- Multistate Listeria outbreak linked to deli meats, One death reported
- Salmonella outbreaks likely to become more severe: University of Sydney researchers develop model
- Measles reported in the city of Detroit as Michigan total rises