The Public Health Center of Ukraine published the following last week concerning the potential risk of water supply issues in the current situation in the country:
Due to the possibility of disconnecting centralized water supply systems to avoid shortages of drinking water, local authorities together with enterprises, institutions, organizations are obliged to take immediate measures to create a strategic supply of drinking water of guaranteed quality in the area.
- Prohibit the use of well and tap drinking water without laboratory confirmation of its quality, even for domestic use, due to possible chemical and microbial contamination.
- Organize points of delivery and bottling of drinking water.
- To transport and store drinking water, use tank trucks and tanks, as well as temporarily supplied water mains from artesian wells.
- Operation of wells is possible under the conditions of laboratory control of water quality by territorial centers of control and prevention of diseases.
- Ensure rehabilitation of mine wells (catchments) and disinfection of water in them.
- Through the media, the Internet is constantly informing the public about the dangers of using water from untested decentralized and centralized water supply systems for drinking and other purposes.
While local authorities are working to provide drinking water in the regions, it is important for the population to monitor the location and schedule of drinking water supply.
Before you are sure of the quality of drinking water, you can use only well-boiled water.
To cook, be sure to use tested drinking water, use heat treatment (cooking, frying, baking). Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly with boiled water, then sprinkle with boiling water.
If you suspect the development of signs of infectious diseases (fever, fever, dizziness, headache, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, runny nose, cough, yellowing of the skin, sclera, eye rashes, rashes, abscesses, etc.) seek medical attention immediately, do not allow self-medication because the course of many infectious diseases is variable and may be unusual.
- Two rabies deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh’s Krishna district, Linked to cat bites
- Vietnam averages more than 100K COVID-19 cases per day last week, Tops 4 million total
- Bird flu confirmed in Maryland chicken flock
- Norovirus on the rise in Taiwan
- Nipah and Hendra viruses may provide blueprints for vaccine design and antibody treatments
- Russia: 18 cases of Opisthorchiasis were registered in Penza region in 2021
- Brazil: Rio Preto reports more than 1,000 dengue cases since beginning of year
- Denmark study: 59% of adult Danes have been infected with COVID-19 since November