An anti-vaccine sentiment is alive and well in the US and abroad. This is not a new phenomena, but it has seen a resurgence in the past 20 odd years.
What are the arguments, who are the cast of characters and how can become more active in promoting vaccination to friends, family, and the public at large?
Associate Professor at the Kent State University College of Public Health and author of the recently published paper in Open Forum Infectious Diseases, Vaccine Rejection and Hesitancy: a Review and Call to Action, Tara C. Smith, PhD joined me on the show to answer these questions.
- Parasites 101: Cyclospora
- The story behind the Toxic Shock Syndrome outbreak investigation of the late 70s-early 80s
- Coyote tapeworm in Alberta: 5th human case reported
- Health care options: Direct Care
- Talking Hepatitis A with Dr Amesh Adalja
- Hotez measles prediction: ‘Something awful is happening in Texas’
- Cholera: The disease, the Yemen crisis and the vaccine
- Plague: An interview with Dr. Paul Ettestad
- Vaccines: An interview with Dr. Paul Offit