Since the beginning of the pandemic, Vietnam has recorded 6,112,648 COVID-19 cases. This includes 3,601,788 cases reported in the past 28 days.
The average number of new cases reported last week were 162,819 cases/day.
Localities with high cumulative infections during this pandemic include Hanoi (808,384), Ho Chi Minh City (568,772), Binh Duong (339,051), Bac Ninh (224,142) and Nghe An (216,172).
The average number of deaths recorded in the past 7 days is 82 cases. The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 41,385, accounting for 0.7% of the total number of infections.
On Monday, Vietnam reported 166,968 new cases of COVID-19, compared to their neighbors in Southeast Asia, 91,197 cases total cases were reported– Indonesia increased 26,485 cases, Malaysia increased 26,250 cases, Philippines increased 654 cases, Thailand increased 23,584 cases, Singapore increased 12,632 cases, Myanmar increased 641 cases, Laos increased 821 cases, Cambodia increased 125 cases, East Timor increased 5 cases.
- Leishmaniasis cases in Villa Montes, Bolivia
- Wisconsin: Bird flu detected in Jefferson County chicken flock
- Australian TGA approves pediatric tafenoquine for children with Plasmodium vivax malaria
- Campylobacter jejuni vaccine candidate set for human trials
- Afghanistan measles outbreak affects nearly 16K children this year to date: Media report
- Cuba: Oral Polio Vaccination Campaign begins Monday
- Kenya: Dengue outbreak in Mombasa and Mandera, Chikungunya in Wajir County
- Rat Hepatitis E virus could be considered an emerging disease in Europe: Study