By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Wuhan Municipal Commission of Health is reporting (computer translated) an additional 60 novel coronavirus (2019-NoCv) cases and two deaths.
Of the 60 patients, 33 were male and 27 were female; the youngest was 15 years old and the oldest was 88 years old; the onset dates were before January 18, 2020; the first symptoms were mostly fever, cough or chest tightness, and dyspnea. Among the patients, 17 were critically ill and 3 were critically ill. Epidemiological investigations of new cases are underway, and close contacts are being tracked.
The two fatalities include a 66-year-old man and a 48-year-old woman, both with underlying health conditions.
Officials now put the case tally in Wuhan to 258, including six deaths.
- Update on the measles outbreak in the Pacific Islands
- Suspect coronavirus case investigated in Cebu City, Philippines
- Singapore records more than 1,100 dengue cases in 1st three weeks of 2020
- Cameroon monkeypox: Follow-up and more details
- South Africa: Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak at Tembisa hospital neonatal unit
- Canada: Syphilis outbreak declared in Nova Scotia