Their is a plethora of news related to various viruses and viral disease happening today that I wanted to discuss some of these issues with my returning guest on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show.
Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Columbia University, Vincent Racaniello, PhD joined me to look at a small portion of this news to include some of the latest research published on Zika virus, the yellow fever outbreak in Brazil and the 1st known Seoul virus outbreak in the United States.
We also talked about the important six year anniversary since India last reported a polio case and the number of podcasts and other media projects he’s been doing at Virology Blog, including a fascinating interview with Dr Jonna Mazet about emerging pathogen surveillance and public health.
LISTEN to the interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Other interviews with Dr Racaniello:
- Zika virus: Discussions with Racaniello and Stone
- Zika Diaries: The birth of a Zika lab with Dr Vincent Racaniello
- Ebola Q & A with infectious disease experts Smith and Racaniello
- Outbreak News Radio: Proposed H7N9 ‘Gain Of Function’ Experiments
- Outbreak News Radio: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)