Through February 27, health authorities in Minas Gerais state report 50,101 probable cases (notified cases except discarded cases) of dengue. Of this total, 13,802 cases were confirmed for the disease.
There are four confirmed deaths from dengue in Minas Gerais and 21 deaths under investigation.
With regard to Chikungunya fever, 18,371 probable cases of the disease were registered, of which 4,536 were confirmed. So far, there is no confirmed death from Chikungunya in Minas Gerais and one is under investigation.
As for the Zika virus, 72 probable cases have been registered so far. There is one confirmed case of the disease and there are no deaths from Zika in Minas Gerais, so far.
- Ghana reports two Lassa fever cases in residents of Accra
- CDC issues travel notice for Paraguay due to chikungunya outbreak
- Taiwan reports 5th monkeypox case
- Sweden reports 34 shigella cases linked to travel to Cape Verde, Outbreak now considered over
- Paraguay chikungunya outbreak: 90% of cases reported in Asunción
- Bolivia dengue cases top 10,000, La Paz issues red alert