Chile Minister of Health, Enrique Paris, reported today that there were 449 new cases of COVID-19. This out of 56,394 tests performed in the last 24 hours.
At the national level, the difference of new confirmed cases is -5% and -29% for the comparison of 7 and 14 days, respectively. There are 12 regions that have decreased their new cases in the last 7 days and 13 in the last 14.
The positivity of cases by PCR in the last 24 hours is 0.88%, equal to the average of the last 7 days. The positivity of cases by antigen for the same period is 0.2% and the average of the last 7 days is 0.8% ”, explained the authority.
Minister Paris added, “with a sustained large number of daily exams, the positivity for the last 24 hours at the country level is 0.88% and in the Metropolitan Region it is 1%.”
Based on region, said the Minister of Health, “according to the sampling, the highest positivity of cases by average PCR in the last 7 days corresponds to the regions of Arica and Parinacota, Antofagasta, Metropolitana and O’Higgins.”
Finally, Minister Paris reported that “the regions with an increase in new confirmed cases in the last 7 days are: Aysén, Arica and Parinacota, Antofagasta and Atacama. Arica and Parinacota have the highest current incidence rate per 100,000 inhabitants, followed by Atacama, Antofagasta and Tarapacá”.
The total number of people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the country has reached 1,644,071. In the last 24 hours there were 31 deaths due to causes associated with COVID-19. The total number of deaths is 37,232 in the country.
During the past month, Chile recorded 15,337 cases and 870 deaths.
- Spain: Veterinarian contracts cutaneous anthrax, possibly linked to necropsy
- Gorillas test positive for SARS-CoV-2 at the Atlanta Zoo
- Ukraine: Dozens of schoolchildren in Khmelnytsky sickened with food poisoning
- France reports 1st human H1N2v influenza variant in Côtes d’Armor
- Measles: Potential exposures investigated linked to Dulles International Airport, other areas of Northern Virginia
- Texas reports more animal anthrax cases, State total now 9
- Cambodia’s COVID-19 vaccination success: 97% of adults vaccinated
- Vietnam reports more than 13K COVID-19 cases Friday, Approves Hayat – Vax vaccine